Another excellent article, this one from WineFolly.com (LINK TO ARTICLE), on how long to decant various wines, plus some decanting tips. And excerpt with links:
- The younger and more tannic, the longer you’ll need to decant.
- Double decanting quickly decants a ‘closed’ red wine. Just pour wine from the decanter back into the bottle and repeat as needed.
- You can swirl your decanter.
- Wine aerators are faster than decanters but are not advisable for aged wines.
- Hyper-decanting (wine in a blender) has been shown to greatly improve the aromas and flavors on bold red wines as well as affordable wines.
- Learn how to decant an unfiltered wine over a candle (or even a smart phone flashlight)
Good information. Enjoy the article!